play California karaoke DVD with folksfun software

play California karaoke DVD with folksfun software

kadenonline
I'm trying to play the California karaoke DVD with folksfun software. I followed instruction on author website
Q: What does "3rd Party DB" means?
 A: folksKJ support third party DB (California Electronics). If you are the owner of the DVD put it in your drive.
    Rename the file "ce.db" to "external.db".
    Go to Settings->Songs and set the path of the 3rd Party DB to the location of your HOTDOG00.DAT file.

But when I clicked on "3rd Party DB", it says "Invalid File Name"?  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Or do you guys know any other software to play this kind of DVD. Thankssss...

Re: play California karaoke DVD with folksfun software

bigboss97
Administrator
The support of 3rd party DB is very limited, i.e. it has only been tested on two DVD versions. First, you have to ensure that you've got the file HOTDOG00.DAT on the DVD. You can also copy the file to your harddrive.

I can't understand why it failed on clicking on [3rd Party DB]. I'll try to reproduce that tonight.

kadenonline wrote
I'm trying to play the California karaoke DVD with folksfun software. I followed instruction on author website
Q: What does "3rd Party DB" means?
 A: folksKJ support third party DB (California Electronics). If you are the owner of the DVD put it in your drive.
    Rename the file "ce.db" to "external.db".
    Go to Settings->Songs and set the path of the 3rd Party DB to the location of your HOTDOG00.DAT file.

But when I clicked on "3rd Party DB", it says "Invalid File Name"?  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Or do you guys know any other software to play this kind of DVD. Thankssss...

Re: play California karaoke DVD with folksfun software

bigboss97
After a bit investigation, I guess that the path showing in the text box is invalid (is it blank?). Following might be the reasons:
1) You are running folksKJ from the zip-file. You have to decompress the files first, i.e. copy them to another location.
2) You don't have permission to update the Windows Registry.
3) You are running folksKJ from a network location.

HTH

kadenonline wrote
But when I clicked on "3rd Party DB", it says "Invalid File Name"?  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?