how to burn california dvd to play on california player?

how to burn california dvd to play on california player?

nguoiwaduong
Hello, I saw a lots of discussion here about california midi dvd and was wondering how you can burn an exact copy of the dvd so that it will play again in the player? When I tried to burn my dvd and put it back in the player, the video play but the screen that say Select a song is not there. I can't pick any song either. Thanks

Re: how to burn california dvd to play on california player?

bigboss97
Administrator
What software did you use? Did you use Copy Disk (=exact copy)?
I know that CalElect requires exact copy, i.e. can't read data files from a data disk, unlike Arirang and JBK (based on the discussion here).

nguoiwaduong wrote

nguoiwaduong
I put the DVD vol.8 I have into my burner. Using Nero 8.0 and click on Copy DVD. After it burn I put the burned dvd in the player and all it does is play the video but the menu " select a song" doesn't come up. Is that how you burn your or does you use some other way? I saw your post in the topic about "adding your own video" you mention something about mixed mode. What is that? What software did you use to burn that? Thanks

Re: how to burn california dvd to play on california player?

bigboss97
Administrator
I used Nero, too. But my CalElect version is very old.
In general, Copy Disk (NOT movie) should make an exact copy. If an exact copy can't be made it should error.
Can you try these:
1) Compare the size of the disks (right-click properties).
2) Compare the contents (all copied files have the original size?).
3) Could it be a physical issue? Have you tried more than once?

nguoiwaduong wrote
I put the DVD vol.8 I have into my burner. Using Nero 8.0 and click on Copy DVD.

Re: how to burn california dvd to play on california player?

nguoiwaduong
I have checked. The sizes are the same and I have copied onto several dvd-rw disc and a few different dvd-r disc with no luck. Every single copy play the video fine, but the "select the song" menu does not show up. Maybe I tried a different copy software to see if i have any luck. I wonder if Alcohol 120 will do the job better.

Re: Burn Image

bigboss97
Administrator
Honestly, I ran out of explaination  :-)
I know, Arirang DVD is oversized (>4.7GB) and you can't copy. But it can work with data disk, i.e. when I removed the video and only burnt the MIDI data.

But CalElect won't find the disk if I remove the video. That's the reason I was looking for the mix-mode solution to make my own video. But no success, I think it's only for Audio-CD.

We didn't have problem in burning CalElect copy, see other posts. Since it requires an exact copy we did all our "patch experiments" in the image file. Nero can burn image file as well. But I don't think that helps in your case. btw, I don't like Nero's image because it's burnt in its own format. I prefer ImgBurn.

nguoiwaduong wrote
I have checked. The sizes are the same and I have copied onto several dvd-rw disc and a few different dvd-r disc with no luck. Every single copy play the video fine, but the "select the song" menu does not show up. Maybe I tried a different copy software to see if i have any luck. I wonder if Alcohol 120 will do the job better.

Re: Sound Quality

bigboss97
Since you are having trouble in copying the disk you might want to consider to run it from harddisk :-)
I don't know about the recent model. The sound on mine is horrible:
http://www.nabble.com/Does-California-electronics-firmware-exist--tp15547197p15605473.html

nguoiwaduong wrote