How to put your own Video on the DVD? (California electronics)

How to put your own Video on the DVD? (California electronics)

bigboss97
Administrator
Has anyone tried that before?
I assume that the video doesn't work by simply burning a data disk, right?
Does it have to be very strict video format (MPEG1/2)?

Re: How to put your own Video on the DVD? (California electronics)

midifiler
what are the contents of the DVD(california electronics)?

Re: How to put your own Video on the DVD? (California electronics)

bigboss97
Administrator
Basically, it's a mixed mode DVD. When you insert it into a normal DVD player it plays the video only. When you insert it into the original Karaoke player it plays the video with music and overlayed lyrics. On a PC, you can see the video file and some data files.
midifiler wrote
what are the contents of the DVD(california electronics)?

Re: How to put your own Video on the DVD? (California electronics)

midifiler
yes i know that, what i want to know is what are the files and folders inside the dvd karaoke disc. And as you say that it has the "video_ts" folder you must also create your own dvd video file with correct video_ts.ifo and .bup and burn it as a data dvd...

Anyway, does the dvd karaoke disc you made did not work? --- if it is there's something wrong in compiling.
Does the video does not play or the player hangs? --- if the video does not play check the video_ts folder.
Can you see the "select a song" at the monitor? --- if you see without backround, problem at video, try to convert the bitrate to 3000 as a default for the dvd player...

NOTE: Some players did not read a dvd writable dvd disc... It only reads the PRESSED DVD...
         They are locked for pirating...

--- Hope you understand my english...

Re: How to put your own Video on the DVD? (California electronics)

bigboss97
Administrator
I haven't tried it out yet. I only assumed that burning a data disk it won't work. I thought... before I start experiment around I may find someone has already experienced that.
Lucky, my player even plays RW. Then I'll try the data disk first, by copying files.
midifiler wrote
Anyway, does the dvd karaoke disc you made did not work? --- if it is there's something wrong in compiling.
Does the video does not play or the player hangs? --- if the video does not play check the video_ts folder.
NOTE: Some players did not read a dvd writable dvd disc... It only reads the PRESSED DVD...
         They are locked for pirating...

Re: How to put your own Video on the DVD? (California electronics)

bigboss97
Administrator
As expected, data disk didn't work. The player runs and shows a "1" in the display. Nothing happens, screen remains black.
Have to burn a mixed-mode disk.

Re: How to put your own Video (Solution)?

bigboss97
Although I'm not doing this any more this could be interesting for someone else:
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/175126-How-do-I-extract-ISO-from-a-midi-video-CD?p=1004034&viewfull=1#post1004034