Generate Song List for California electronics

Generate Song List for California electronics

bigboss97
Administrator
listhd20.zip
I only checked some of the song ID's in English. Data for other languages has to be updated according to the hardcopies. This is only a beta version

Re: Generate Song List for California electronics

bigboss97
Administrator
listhd20.zip
Please ignore the previous one. The executable is corrupted.
I haven't figured out the language code 0x05. It could be Thai. But still can't get it displayed correctly.

Re: Generate Song List for California electronics

bigboss97
Administrator
listhd20.zip
With base song number for different languages.

Re: Song List in Excel Format

bigboss97

Re: Song List in Excel Format

bekon
the xls list is only comprises of chinese's songs? No vietnamese, korean, spanish ect....?

i tried to generate my own list of songs but got an error msg reading "HOTDOG20.DAT unknow file" in the out.txt

while i'm inputting song number randomly as a guessing start, what I've discovered is that some of the song titles appear to change on a few letters of a word. Each song plays the same midi, except alot of the words in the lyric has variation funny characters ect.. vary from one number to the next as below.

Example:
715032 - YOU WERE THERE <<<
615032 - YOU WERE UBERE
515032 - YOU WERE UJERE
415032 - YOU WERE THERE <<<
315032 - YOU WERE TLERE
215032 - YOU WERE TNERE
115032 - not found

random numbers such as 816249 and 814436  plus many other give me a same song titled as "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy", these are different midi playing without lyrics displaying. there are also a few numbers gives a blank title.

I know 800000's are designated to vietnamese, 700000's = english, and 600000's = chinese based on your generated xls provided, 500000's = korean, 400000's = thai ??? not possitive, 300000's = spanish, 200000's = philippine 100000's = rusian.

hope you can help me perhaps point out how to modify your source code to extract specific language. I only took a semester of basic in junior high and 2 quarters of c in college, so i'm quite limited to programing but i can hopefully learn.

Re: Song List in Excel Format

bekon
who am i kidding, i spoted the different sheets on the xls page. that tells you how regular i am with excel. nontheless, i'm still interested in extracting other languages as well. thanks.

Re: Song List in Excel Format

bigboss97
OK, I'll try to answer all your questions here...
Vietnamese is in the spreadsheet. I've only done for languages I know. For all other languages there will be incorrect characters.
In this forum there are 3 developments for California.
1) Song List
2) Find the MIDI
3) Read the song based on (2) which is stored in SQLite.

When you post an issue you need to put it exactly to the right thread. So we know what you are intending to do and can trace back what codes you are using.

HTH
bekon wrote
[...]

bekon
thanks for the lead. As I came to understand that because there are unknown codes used. Decoding all the languages is impossible at this point. I thought i'm straight on topic, what i want to accomplish is execute your song generator "listhd20.zip" but got an error message "HOTDOG20.DAT unknow file" the msg note is found in "out.txt" what didn't I do it right?

Re: Song List "HOTDOG20.DAT unknow file"

bigboss97
Administrator
Let me give you a history lesson of the forum  :-)
http://old.nabble.com/Understanding-the-HOTDOG-files-on-DVD-of-California-electronics-p11359745.html
So woid and I started scratching our heads and we were working on the same source code with 2 different disks.

As you know, each version might have different number of songs and therefore different file contens. So we built in a check of the file (size) and make the program run accordingly, see:
InputFileType KnownFile[]=
{ 30534, 0x25e0,
        30926, 0x2640
};

It will exit if it's not one of them. You can enhance the code with your disk version. If you are lucky it would work with one of the offset value. Otherwise you have to have a lot of patience and do the tuning.

Good luck

bekon wrote
but got an error message "HOTDOG20.DAT unknow file" the msg note is found in "out.txt" what didn't I do it right?

Re: Song List "HOTDOG20.DAT unknow file"

bekon
oh I see, i thought it seeks for patterns. still have lots to be learned. I have a copy of Vol 11 and i believe this is one of the volumes discussed. I'll start look into your code to see what I can find.

thanks for the consistency

Re: Song List "HOTDOG20.DAT unknow file"

bigboss97
Administrator
How does it go?

bekon wrote
I'll start look into your code to see what I can find.