Edit .idx and .plf files

Alan K
We have a dvd karaoke sysrem from Soke, has two discs each with supposedly 30-40000 songs each. Lots of chinese we'll never use, lots of dupes, missing artist names and typos. I'd like to clean it up and reburn them. The directories have .idx and .plf files. I can see songs in the idx files with a hex editor but i'm no pro. I tried to bring it into dbase and excel etc but no easy way to work with the files so far.

Just curious if anyone has experience with karaoke files like this..i dont see anyone posting about these types. I can upload the smallest .idx file if that helps.  ThanksMEGIDX

Re: Edit .idx and .plf files

bigboss97
Administrator
Please post some screenshots whatever you've found out.

Re: Edit .idx and .plf files

Alan K
Here's the directory folder structure in the attachment.. in the directories there is: midi.plf in the plf folder, megidx.idx,megmid.idx,megvol.idx,megvol1.idx and megvol2.idx in the idx folder, and a series of midixx.plf files in the movies folder.

The movies I can view with Windows Media or any other video prog just like an avi or wmf file but if I add any movies to the directory they don't cycle when using the karaoke player.

I'm attaching a look at the code as seen in Wordpad and in a hex viewer.dir+struc.jpg, wordpad.jpg, hex.jpg

Re: Edit .idx and .plf files

bigboss97
Administrator
Based on the number of songs, I'm assuming they are MIDI.
Commonly, there's a TOC file which contains all the titles (one your images) and there's a large file which contains the music data. The largest one is usually the video file.
As you can see between titles there are some unreadable bytes. They are usually information pointing to the music data. Most of the time, there's also the length of each title.

Firstly, you have to get the song list right. You have to use the original song ID's to guess the information between the titles.

btw, you can use "Insert image" instead of attaching the images.

Re: Edit .idx and .plf files

JoelTheCreator20
I Have Ace DVD-K38
there MEGIDX,MIDITT,MIDIXX,etc In The Karaoke Disc

Re: Edit .idx and .plf files

HiTechKar KaraGaming
can you upload megmid,MEGVOL,MEGVOL1, MEGVOL2 and midi.plf

I will use it as permission