Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
I have mediacom karaoke player  that has sd card
With 50 thousand songs,
I can copy all muk file from sd which i belive is encrypted format from original mid files.
Is there any way i unlock this to original mid files or
Use same muk files in another karaoke system.
Right now looks like muk filea are locked to the karaoke system box.
Pls advise,
I can upload the muk files here if any one want to help me.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Administrator
What other files are on the SD card? Can you show us the list of all files?
Can you upload a small sample?

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
thanks for reply.I have uploaded the muk files samples here
https://www.file-upload.com/ej2xubnig0ww
download the zip and extract it,they are i believe encrypted midi files.
SD card in root is Karaoke folder along with  text file SN.txt with 7c6807f7 ,i believe is serial number.
inside is song folder with many folders with all .muk files like in upload zip file.
is there way to decrypt this and play in another karaoke player?
thanks

Administrator
I tried to download the file and there are thousands of popup ads. So I gave up.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
This post was updated on .
Hi ,
I have reuploaded in drop box ,no ads,pls try download.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj9mwv084i9zudo/muk.zip?dl=0
Thanks

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Administrator
Thanks.

I had a quick look in that. I guess the file name is the song ID on your system, right?
When I opened one of the files in text editor. I can see some header information:
<NewDataSet>
  <xs:schema id="NewDataSet" xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
    <xs:element name="NewDataSet" msdata:IsDataSet="true" msdata:MainDataTable="TableSong" msdata:UseCurrentLocale="true">
      <xs:complexType>
          <xs:element name="TableSong">
            <xs:complexType>
              <xs:sequence>
                <xs:element name="FileID" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="GeQuHao" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="ZhiZuoHao" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="OrderIndex" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="FileType" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="SubFileType" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="SongName" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="OrderTimes" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="LanType" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="SubLanType" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="Words" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="FirstWord" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="Alpha" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="FirstStroke" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="BackVideo" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="SortString" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="Singer" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="LyricWriter" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="MusicWriter" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="SongIndex" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="SortIndex" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="UnicodeString" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
                <xs:element name="GlyCodeString" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
              </xs:sequence>
            </xs:complexType>
          </xs:element>
        </xs:choice>
      </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>
  </xs:schema>
  <TableSong>
    <FileID>{6B3187FF-9FB3-414D-BF8B-FFA11D31FC84}</FileID>
    <OrderIndex>50804</OrderIndex>
    <FileType>255</FileType>
    <SubFileType>1</SubFileType>
    <SongName>TUJH SANG PREET LAGAYI SAJNA</SongName>
    <LanType>22</LanType>
    <SubLanType>0</SubLanType>
    <Alpha>0</Alpha>
    <BackVideo>0</BackVideo>
    <SortString>9fa1786c009a41806a0094985d5d9f007c416a41b16e009a41788041</SortString>
    <Singer>LATA MANGESHKAR , KISHORE KUMAR</Singer>
    <LyricWriter />
    <MusicWriter />
    <SortIndex>50804</SortIndex>
    <UnicodeString>तुझ संग प्रीत लगाई सजना//लता मंगेशकर///</UnicodeString>
    <GlyCodeString>ֆ֡տ&#x3;֚եչ&#x3;ᮧ֠ֆ&#x3;֔չ֞ժ&#x3;֚վ֊֞//֔ֆ֞&#x3;֐եչ֧֘շ֒///</GlyCodeString>
  </TableSong>
</NewDataSet>

In order to make the analysis easier, we need some very short English songs, e.g Happy Birthday or kids songs.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
hi Bigboss97,
thats correct,file name is song id..one uploaded are all Indian hindi language songs,
I will upload a english kids happy birthday song file in the evening.
thanks

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

crapymate
here is happy birthday song muk file .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/etqe1q5r0fu59yq/20851.zip?dl=0

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Administrator
Looks like we have to patch the data, i.e. you have make a copy of the SD card and modify the data.
See also:
http://karaoke-engineering.996290.n3.nabble.com/Karaoke-File-Unlock-Help-td410.html

Basically you modify few bytes in a song and then see what is changed, the lyrics or notes. Provided it's not compressed, otherwise it might crash your system. Do this at your own risk!

See here for tools:
http://karaoke-engineering.996290.n3.nabble.com/Useful-Tools-for-file-Analysis-td462.html

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
Thanks for looking at it.
I still don't understand how to patch in.
I have got player with sd card i got with seller.
Now i would like to buy sd card with songs in muk format for same player from all similiar encrypted muk file.
http://mediacomkaraoke.net/product/hindi-upgrade-sd-card-songbook-mci-6200tw-6800tw/

If i buy that sd card and want to use in my box,can we convert into original decrypted muk files or we can patch
In the muk and it will work in my player firmware.
Rememeber,chinese factory make different for my box and mediavom box even though its same hardware.
Thanks
Should i buy it  the sd card and how to patch in so it works.
I woukd like to do patching in my muk files and player and confirm it works them will buy it.

I don't believe that we have a chance to convert the card without any official technical information.
If we are lucky we might be able to decode some songs to play on PC.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
Thats fine,pls guide me how we can decrypt muk file and play in my pc.

Thanks

Administrator
How much do you know about computer? I need to know whether there is a chance.

I do know,I am a network security engineer by profession.i work in IT since 15 years so I do know my stuff,
let me know how we can try this.I am very much interested.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Administrator
Great! Then we are on the same "channel"
What you need to do is, make a copy of the SD card and ensure the card can be played on the box. Then pick a short song and modify few bytes with a hex-editor. Play the song again and compare before and after.
WARNIMG: If you patch on some control bytes it may cause your system to crash.

Please see also:
http://karaoke-engineering.996290.n3.nabble.com/Understanding-the-HOTDOG-files-on-DVD-of-California-electronics-td16.html

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
Thanks.
So let me rephrase this.
I copy say happy birthday song from sd to my pc,using hex editor,modify some data,save it back to sd card and play in the player .or do u mean i duplicate the sd card into new sd card and see if it plays from that  card?
See how it shows in karaoke.
What does this prove,if it works and if it doesnt work?

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Administrator
Crappymate wrote
I copy say happy birthday song from sd to my pc,using hex editor,modify some data,save it back to sd card and play in the player .or do u mean i duplicate the sd card into new sd card and see if it plays from that  card?
See how it shows in karaoke.
What does this prove,if it works and if it doesnt work?
First of all, you have to get a copy of the SD card working. Then we can start patching the contents of a song. No, we can't prove anything. We simply try our luck
For instance, you increase by 1 in three bytes in the middle of a song. We hope, the player still can play it. So you observe the changes, tune and lyrics. Then you start GUESSING which bytes could be lyrics or audio. You have to patch more to make sure you are right and we hope we can slowly find out the file format.

Please read the old thread, there are links about potential formats.

Administrator
Any progress?

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
I have copied the sd card into another sd care.new sd plays normal fine in the  karaoke box.

so duplicate copy of sd card ok.

next I chose. twinkle twinkle star muk file 16005.muk
http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=56302958015970365855&t=5630295801597036585523871

I opened with HxD tool,
I can see the hex values,what I should be changing,I am confused.
hdx

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Administrator
Forget the text part. Try to patch the data here:

1) I would randomly pick 3 bytes, apart from each other and increase the value by 1 (that's important). Then play the song again.
2) If we are lucky we can see text shifted. Then revert 2 bytes until you know exactly which byte is doing the job.
3) If not, then revert everything and start step 1.

Please share your findings, good luck!
12