Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
so when you say increase the byte by 1 ,like I chose CC F5 EE,
what do I change this to?
or do I chose numbers like 80 82 91 and increase it +1 value like 81 83 92 and try playing in player the song.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Administrator
Crappymate wrote
CC + 1= CD (hex) and so on.
Chose three bytes away from each other.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
ok,I  changes 3 bytes increase by 1.
so CC >CD
F5>f6
EE >EF

when I played again,
it just changed the song title text that shows in beginning.
it shows as ttinkle twinkle mittle star
Childreo's song
now ,song text displays fine.

Please document all your findings here.
Which bytes were changed, what and how has been affected. Analyze the findings and repeat the process with other "inputs". It's just like analyzing a 3rd party program.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
well I did spend 1 hr changing the bytes and no idea what I am looking for.all instance I increased hex value+1

change 1:
changes 3 bytes
bd>BE
B4>B5
6A>6B

no change noticed in player,

change 2:
a6<a7
b4>b5
5D>5E
no change

so CC >CD
F5>f6
EE >EF

when I played again,
it just changed the song title text that shows in beginning.
it shows as ttinkle twinkle mittle star
Childreo's song
song text displays fine.

I am still not clear what we looking for changing the bytes value,as I am not expert in karaoke decrypting

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Administrator
Well done! Even no changes is a good finding  Now you can eliminate certain part of data.
Crappymate wrote
so CC >CD
F5>f6
EE >EF

when I played again,
it just changed the song title text that shows in beginning.
it shows as ttinkle twinkle mittle star
Childreo's song
song text displays fine.

I am still not clear what we looking for changing the bytes value,as I am not expert in karaoke decrypting
It's not just about the values. It's also about the position. If you don't provide enough information it's very hard for me to give you advice. Please READ the thread California Electronics (I've given you the link above) and post your findings in a similar way.

Following things you can do next:
1) Patch the same bytes (e.g. +2 and so on) to find out the mask behind that because 'w' -> 't' and 'l' -> 'm' showing different behaviors.
2) Patch the same position in another song and find out whether the title is stored in the same spot.
3) Patch other part to find music and lyrics data.

Okay, maybe you haven't done programing before. So it's hard for you to do the reverse engineering.
btw, one hour is nothing, have a look how long that thread dragged along. Last time we even had to burn on a re-writable DVD each time to test our patches

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Any new findings?

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
I tried but no luck,this is too complicated.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Matteyz
Hi,

Did the songs play full when u copied the data to another SD card? I have the exact same mediacom  player and when i copy  the entire contents to a new SD card, the songs start and within a second it stops . Can you please confirm.

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

Crappymate
Same issues with me.song are listed in screen but doesn’t play,they are encrypted and can’t play.
Which language songs u have?
Which mediacom model?

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

6200TW
I know this one.

The one you owned is a 6200TW

Re: Decrypt .muk karaoke files and use in another karaoke player

bigboss97
Matteyz wrote
when i copy  the entire contents to a new SD card, the songs start and within a second it stops .
That sounds like missing data, something hidden (e.g. partition) and wasn't copied.
If you're using Win10. Open explorer:
1) Right click on "This PC" and select Manage.
2) Select Disk Management.
Then check how many partitions are on the original SD-card. It would look something like this:

12