Decoding JBK 6628 DVD Karaoke Disc

Re: First Version of DiscImage Tool

bigboss97
Administrator
That's exactly what I guessed. What I meant by "conventional" are MPEG, AVI etc. But it's not very clever to convert CD+G to AVI (video). You basically unnecessarily blow up your data. For information about formats see also:

What jim75 has done... He wrote a program to extract a single song from the DVD (database). JBK uses MIDI. That's the only way to fit 10's of 1000 songs onto a DVD.
MIDI's relies on the sound generator of the player, i.e. same MIDI file can sound differently on different players. So, if you follow jim75's steps and play the (extracted) song on a PC there's a chance that it sounds better (I'm using a YAMAHA MIDI hardware for my PC output). I know Arirang has a quite good sound. Californa Electronics' sound is terrible (at least in the old model).

Mavlon wrote
I spoke to someone that deals with the JBK M-4000 karaoke player and he told me that the DVD cannot be copied and played from the USB.
You can however convert CD-G discs into MPEG or AVI files and play them from the USB.
Another cool feature is that you can record your sessions onto the USB drive and play them back.
123