Decoding California Electronics Disc?

mike leeman
Hey? I just recently bought a California Electronics 138KA DVD/MIDI Player in vietnam. I was worrying that once i brought it home in america, it will break. Well, it did. Due to airline people throwing it. Anyways, I was wondering if a California Electronics disc can decode or something to player on another dvd player im getting soon. I have the original cali. electroniics disc but with the broke player right now so can anyone help me.

P.S. This is not pirating if u have the original disc.

Re: Decoding California Electronics Disc?

bigboss97
Administrator
Please check:
http://www.nabble.com/Does-California-electronics-firmware-exist--tt15547197.html#a15580525

If that's too much work for you then you have to wait for few more weeks. There will be a player released soon. But it's not a freeware.

HTH
bB

Re: Decoding California Electronics Disc?

bigboss97
Check www.folksfun.com whether its latest player works for your disk.
The configuration is in the FAQ.

Good luck

Re: Decoding California Electronics Disc?

mike leeman
Is there a way for my dvd player to play it?

Sorry for the 3 replys. Anyways, this link you gave me shows this type of player and Im not sure what it does. Does it only play the california discs? or can it decode the disc to play on a normal dvd player? Im not sure what it does. Can you tell me what it does and show me a little tutortial? I will really appreciate it thanks.

Re: Decoding California Electronics Disc?

bigboss97
Administrator
It's too difficult to give you a tutorial because I don't know your background, in other words, I don't know what you don't know
Basically, it's a karaoke player using MIDI files, as the website says. If this doesn't help you can google "midi karaoke". You will find some explainations and plenty of downloads. Using CalElect disk is only a special feature in the latest version. Try it out and read the FAQ. Then let me know what you don't understand.

HTH
Phuoc Can HUA

mike leeman wrote