DKD to mp3+G or VCD

shanice
I searched and found articles about DKD files convert from here and I have few questions would like to ask for consult. I got a disc with DKD files and I'm trying to retrieve the song and lyrics to other formats as like MP3+G or VCD due to I want to use those songs in other Karaoke player.

How can I convert the DKD files to other formats I need? And I test the COB2MIDI.exe under Vista OS, but it doesn't work, does it only support winXP?

Thank for your help and really do appreciate anyone who could help and reply....

Re: DKD to mp3+G or VCD

bigboss97
Administrator
I guess you are talking about JBK disk, right?
http://www.nabble.com/Decoding-JBK-6628-DVD-Karaoke-Disc-tp12261269p12397825.html

First of all, JBK is a MIDI player. In order to get to MP3+G you have to go through MIDI (COB2MIDI).

What does Vista say? Please provide details, what you entered and what's the message in return.
I wasn't involved in COB2MIDI because I don't have access to JBK disk. So, I can only offer limited help.

Maybe it's not a matter of Vista. Since Jim has created COB2MIDI based on his own disk a disk of other version might fail.

shanice wrote
How can I convert the DKD files to other formats I need? And I test the COB2MIDI.exe under Vista OS, but it doesn't work, does it only support winXP?

Re: DKD to mp3+G or VCD

shanice
Thanks for your info. I tested the file COB2MIDI.zip under VISTA however, it doesn't appear any window and jump away.

Did I miss something that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help!!

Re: DKD to mp3+G or VCD

bigboss97
Administrator
All programs (executable) created here are simple command lines, i.e. no windows user interface.
In order to identify the error, you need to open a DOS window to run it, press [Win]+[r].
Then type cob2midi.exe. It will (hopefully) tell you what input you have to specify, e.g. a file name.

Good luck

shanice wrote
Thanks for your info. I tested the file COB2MIDI.zip under VISTA however, it doesn't appear any window and jump away.

Did I miss something that I should be aware of?

Re: DKD to mp3+G or VCD

songguy
i have 1-99 karaoke cd+g discs dkg
on two discs already converted in Zip files cheers
i have 1-99 karaoke cd+g discs dkg on two discs already converted in Zip files cheers

Re: DKD to mp3+G or VCD

ocsam
Hello. Any luck solving this problem?