Understanding the HOTDOG files on DVD of California electronics

Re: Understanding the HOTDOG files on DVD of California electronics

bigboss97
Administrator
I guess the VCD is older than your DVD, right? You can try the extraction discussed here or it's also possible that it's not encrypted. According to the discussion:
http://board.midibuddy.net/showpost.php?p=533722&postcount=31
In that case, the older VCD version wasn't encrypted.

You can do the investigation by using the tools suggested in this forum.

lala wrote
I got karaoke DVD of California electronic, my friend got the vcd of California electronic (nhac 5 so).  It has alot of good song on that version like "nhac tien chien".  I tried to play vcd on my dvd player but it didn't work. Is it possible to extract all the midi file of the vcd and add to dvd? Thanks

Re: DVD2MIDI (see Facts & Summary)

moonreflection
Sorry for not reading all the thread yet.  Anyway, I was just playing around with my old project and realize that I can currently only play regular .kar file.  I guess these file are in unicode and I suppose to search for @CODE=UNICODE and parse them?  Where can I get a specs of it or can I get an idea by reading all the threads?  I will have to update my project, but I thought I'll get some input before I go in the wrong direction.

Thanks,
Toan

Re: DVD2MIDI (see Facts & Summary)

bigboss97
Administrator
Sorry, there's no Spec, that's an "invention" from me
@CODE=UNICODE is simply added to tell the player that it's an unicode MIDI because normal player will stop reading a string as soon as a zero byte is found or tries to convert the zero to something else. In unicode case, you have to read it as it is without any conversion at all. That's the only reason for the flag.

Btw, I've never found any unicode KAR file on net. Even CalElect is not using unicode. So, there are options, to convert by the player or we convert it for all players. I decided for the 2nd solution.

Usually, MIDI files are created by many different equipments. For instance, the line break could be represented differently. So, KAR-players have to be smart to play all files. The @CODE=UNICODE flag is used to suppressed all those features.

HTH
Phuoc

moonreflection wrote
and realize that I can currently only play regular .kar file.  I guess these file are in unicode and I suppose to search for @CODE=UNICODE and parse them?  Where can I get a specs of it or can I get an idea by reading all the threads?  I will have to update my project, but I thought I'll get some input before I go in the wrong direction.

Thanks,
Toan

Re: DVD2MIDI (see Facts & Summary)

moonreflection
After a long break.  I finally release decide to release my program and now trying to experiment with this.  Since my player is still broken.  Do you have trouble extract some songs properly?  Some song I get the lyric and midi but some I got only midi and no lyric.  I tried song number 830352 and get no lyric.

Re: DVD2MIDI (missing lyric?)

bigboss97
Administrator
The routine only extracts ~90% of songs successfully. But I've never had the situation of missing lyric.
I'll try the song and let you know.

moonreflection wrote
Since my player is still broken.  Do you have trouble extract some songs properly?  Some song I get the lyric and midi but some I got only midi and no lyric.  I tried song number 830352 and get no lyric.

Re: DVD2MIDI (misspelled words)...

jungoy
This post was updated on .
hi bigboss,

i was able to extract some filipino midi karaoke using your program DVD2MIDI...

the problem is, there are some misspelled words in almost every line. i think errors only occur in Filipino songs.

i attached a sample of kar files extracted form California Electronics DVD using your program, i also included some text file with the correct lyrics for you to compare.

KarSample%2BCorrectLyrics.zip

Edit:

I have noticed that there are no errors extracting Filipino songs listed in English List like "AKALA KO'Y PARA SA AKIN", "AKING AMA" and "AKO SI SUPERMAN - REY VALERA" ...I think only songs Listed in Filipino and Spanish have misspelled lyrics...

Edit: (Dec. 2, 2009)

I have noticed also that English songs that were listed in Philippines Collection have misspelled words too. Try to extract 219269 - Sk8ter Boi and you will see what i mean, and this one 219138 -SOMEDAY WE'LL KNOW.

Re: DVD2MIDI (was there a new "challenge"?)

bigboss97
Administrator
jungoy,
Didn't I see a link from you this morning? Where is it now? I haven't got it yet  :-(

Oppsss...sorry i deleted it coz i thought its not allowed...
I will re-Post the link :-)

Re: DVD2MIDI (was there a new "challenge"?)

bigboss97
Administrator
No, we haven't seen anything

Re: DVD2MIDI (was there a new "challenge"?)

jungoy

Re: DVD2MIDI (misspelled words)...

bigboss97
Unfortunately, this is more difficult than I first thought. I know where is the problem. But it's a long way to get there, because the dvd2midi is based on the address of a song (not the ID). So I don't know the address of your song ID. I can't fetch your song. The only way to find the address is to use toc2db. But it has been too long since the last time I touched toc2db.

I think moonreflection has just built his codes and he should be able to fix that easily, just need to create a new 2nd mask for Tagalog.

I'll fix that later. I'm planing to rewrite toc2db to make it using unicode properly.
In the meantime, I'll look at those new "puzzles"

jungoy wrote
the problem is, there are some misspelled words in almost every line.

Re: DVD2MIDI (misspelled words)...

jungoy
Moonreflection also can't fix misspelled words in Filipino songs :-(

I hope you can find a way to extract midi in Karavision Cd.
Please share some Filipino songs if you can...please please please...

Karavision CD have more latest English and Philippines midi karaoke...currently it has 10,692 songs
including different languages.

Re: Very useful links....

bigboss97

Re: Unicode Player (keyword in MIDI)

bigboss97
bigboss97 wrote
Solution:
We need an indicator for unicode in the MIDI file. As far as I know Tune 1000 uses some keywords (with a leadin @), e.g. for title, language etc.. Wondering whether a keyword has already defined. If I use the same keyword the file can be played by more players. Otherwise I will suggest my own one:
@CODE=UNICODE
anyother suggestion?
This is the implemented solution:
http://old.nabble.com/*-*-*-Unicode-KAR-Format-in-Karakan-and-folksKJ-*-*-*-tt33763433.html

Re: Unicode Karaoke Editor?

bigboss97
bigboss97 wrote
Do you know any free unicode karaoke editor? I use karakan which doesn't support unicode
Karakan does support unicode now:
http://sites.google.com/site/karakankaraoke/