JBK Midi 6628

ICOG
I have a JBK MIDI 6628 karaoke system and I'm trying to up date the CD (It's already 3 years old). What should I do? I can't find anyone that sell this product... It's a video/sing/and score karaoke
Please help me.
Thanks

Re: JBK Midi 6628

bigboss97
Administrator
According to:
http://www.nabble.com/Decoding-JBK-6628-DVD-Karaoke-Disc-tt12261269.html#a14908692
He has quite a lot progress in reading JBK DVD. Unfortunately, I haven't seen him around for long time. Not sure what's the latest state.

I know, I haven't answer your question yet. But I'm trying to explain to you the alternative way to karaoke with the updated hits. Here are the options:
1) Buy a new disk with the latest songs.
2) Create a disk with the latest songs.
3) Use PC to play existing and new songs.

Let's forget (1) because that's your current problem.
Based on the experience we have with California Electronics:
http://www.nabble.com/Understanding-the-HOTDOG-files-on-DVD-of-California-electronics-tt11359745.html
It's too hard to create your own disk. First you have to be able to read the disk. Then you need to convert the new songs to the right format and burn them on the disk.
We still haven't found a software to burn the California disk. We could only patch the disk image which is too complicate for experimenting.

The last option is not the direct answer to your question. But it works for me:
http://www.nabble.com/toc2db-for-California-electronics-tt12578997.html

PC is certain not so handy as a stand-alone player. You need an additional  sound mixer and remote control. I'm also using an external MIDI sound module. In that case, the sound of the original player can't compare with my YAMAHA sound.

As you can see in my latest post:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/Permalink.jtp?root=12261269&post=14908692&page=y
If I had access to the JBK files I might get a better picture from that.

HTH
Phuoc Can HUA

ICOG wrote
I have a JBK MIDI 6628 karaoke system and I'm trying to up date the CD (It's already 3 years old). What should I do? I can't find anyone that sell this product... It's a video/sing/and score karaoke
Please help me.
Thanks

Re: JBK Midi 6628

ICOG
Do you think that any cd by JBK should work with my system??? I found a store that has it....