Help getting song number from dat file

superpj101
I was trying to create songlist from the dat file and succesful on song name. however I cant get the pattern of the song number. This is the dat file..thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/?djf1f1risjm3imm

http://www.mediafire.com/?djf1f1risjm3imm

Re: Help getting song number from dat file

bigboss97
Administrator
superpj101 wrote
I was trying to create songlist from the dat file and succesful on song name. however I cant get the pattern of the song number. This is the dat file..thanks!
Since you have done half of the job it's better you show us the spot where you have problem. There's no point to analyze the dat file from scratch.
You can post some  data sections where you believe the song numbers are. Also post a compare to actual number of the songs. The more samples the easier the number can be spotted.

A tip: Try to add an offset to the value to match the number. Usually different languages are using different offset. Sometimes two offsets are used in one language. Some songs might have been added in a later stage.

Re: Help getting song number from dat file

superpj101
thanks bigboss. Ill post some sample data content later as im on office right now. Btw, this player is called hyundai platinum with different types of midi (could be market strategy). Evo song, Real sound(chorus with background voice), SP(sound perfect)..

For the file structure. This dat file is only 800+kb and I think the midi file is with file extension of filename1.001,filename2.002 etc..

Hi again, this is the first song on the DAT file and the first song on the list. but I cant get why its 00001.

Re: Help getting song number from dat file

bigboss97
Administrator
I only had a glance on that. In the potential song number section there are no letters (A-F). This is one of the possible ways of song ID encoding:
http://old.nabble.com/Understanding-the-files-on-the-DVD-of-Arirang-Karaoke-%28hk2---midi0%29-tt16219545.html#a18126918

A very unusual way of number coding in hexadecimal system :-)

Re: Help getting song number from dat file

superpj101
the hex before the song title and song artist is the lenght of song and artist but still hard to find the song number.