Any midi VCD support here? How to get the song list?

Any midi VCD support here? How to get the song list?

pandaboy
I've bought a midi VCD karaoke machine a while ago when I was in Vietnam. I didn't update myself to the DVD version, becuase it doesn't look very solid to me (my cousin bought one, and it broke after 1 year... my VCD still running after 5 years)

The problem with Vietnamese system (Tien Dat) is that they never give you the full song list. Althought they release many version of the song book, I found out that all the VCDs they sell are the same... they just print out different cover of the song book and add a few new one into it.

Now that's said, I want to have the full list of the song list. I know there must be a way to extract it from the CDs I have. I saw the method used for California Electronic (which I'm consider to buy, but I don't know where. I'm from Canada). I would like to know if anyone has the full song list for a midi VCD? or how do I extract it? I'll be honest, I don't know anything about hex decoding. I can only open it, but that's about it.

The biggest file I have in the VCD disk is this one: MULTAK.DAT
thanks in advance: ongthosan@yahoo.ca

Re: Any midi VCD support here? How to get the song list?

bigboss97
Administrator
My brother bought one from ebay (Australia). I've seen it on ebay US as well and seen it in a VN shop in Sydney. Someone in Toronto should be able to help you
Be aware, CalElect's sound is low quality, see:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=15604937&framed=y

Unless they have improved in the latest model. Arirang has much more advanced sound.

To understand the hex-codes is not a big deal because the song list (TOC) is usually unscrambled. Problem would be... to adapt the existing C codes for your disk. I guess not that everyone has a C-compiler at home. Maybe you can ask one of your friends to help to get the C codes working on your PC first. The rest is just fine tuning to get it reading your disk correctly.

HTH
Phuoc

pandaboy wrote
I saw the method used for California Electronic (which I'm consider to buy, but I don't know where. I'm from Canada). I would like to know if anyone has the full song list for a midi VCD? or how do I extract it? I'll be honest, I don't know anything about hex decoding. I can only open it, but that's about it.

The biggest file I have in the VCD disk is this one: MULTAK.DAT
thanks in advance: ongthosan@yahoo.ca

Re: Any midi VCD support here? How to get the song list?

pandaboy
the quality is no doubt the worst... but my voice will make up for it... thanks for the reply.
I want to buy a new system (I'm from montreal)... but don't know which one to choose. My cousin got one from Toronto and it's already broken after less than a year. So I'm kinda worry about those midi DVD. In this forum, most of the posts are for the California Electronic version right? I want something with "hack stuffs" so where can I get a version of it? Do you have the model number of the one you got at the moment?
Tony